Each Florida county has a Supervisor of Elections who manages elections in the county. The Supervisor oversees a staff of trained, professional employees who conduct elections. The Supervisor is elected to a four-year term during the presidential election cycle.
The official duties of our office include:
- Registering Voters
- Storing securely voter registration files, ballots, and election equipment
- Conducting federal, state, and local elections
- Administering the provisions of campaign finance reporting laws
- Upholding the election laws of the State of Florida
- Providing public education and information about elections
Your Supervisor of Elections, Joe Morgan, MFCEP
Joe Morgan has been working in elections since 2008, and serving the voters of Wakulla County since 2012. He was elected Supervisor of Elections in 2020 following the retirement of his mentor, Supervisor Buddy Wells. Joe's focus is conducting elections in Wakulla County and working closely with other local, state, and federal agencies to protect the right of every voter to cast their ballot and have it counted accurately and securely.
Joe earned his Master of Florida Certified Election Professionals, which is a state certification in the field of election administration.
Supervisor Joe Morgan and Staff
Joe Morgan, MFCEP
Supervisor of Elections
Diana L Mitchell, CERA
Deputy SOE III
Information Technology Specialist